Does your business have a multi-national supply chain? If so, establishing operations within Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) No. 198 grants your company a strategic advantage in its industry by providing access to domestic and foreign markets and lowering the landed cost of your merchandise. For example, the lower duties and fees on imported components that are associated with the FTZ program are designed to increase your company's competitiveness in the international marketplace. Please contact Virgil Kimball, Business Specialist with the Volusia County Division of Economic Development for more information on the benefits of partnering with FTZ No. 198.
Save time and money - operate in a Foreign Trade Zone.
FTZ No. 198
Central and Strategic Location
FTZ No. 198, located in Volusia County, Florida, at the eastern gateway of Florida's High Tech Corridor is within easy driving distance of two deep-water ports, two rail lines and several international airports.
Streamline Customs Clearance
Inbound import freight shipments that are delivered to an FTZ facility benefit from a streamlined clearance processing system by U.S. Customs at the arriving port.
Operate More Efficiently
Efficiently manage cash flow and save a significant amount of money on imported cargo shipments used in manufacturing or distribution operations by using FTZ No. 198.
FTZ No. 198's Alternative Site Framework (ASF) allows for easy integration into the FTZ program using your company's existing facility or any other industrial site / location within Volusia County.
Storage and distribution sites will have the ability to be approved in 30 days or less; manufacturing and processing facilities could be approved within 120 days or less.
Defer and Reduce Taxes
- Reduce duties on goods processed or assembled in the FTZ when imported components have a higher duty rate than the finished goods (tariff inversion).
- Defer customs duties and taxes until merchandise is transferred from the FTZ to domestic market.
- Eliminate duties entirely on scrap, damages, zone transfers and goods reshipped outside the U.S.
- Reduce merchandise processing / entry fees substantially with just one entry filed each week and one fee (with maximum cap) per entry.
- Defer harbor maintenance fee payments through quarterly remittance payments
Room to Grow
Volusia County has superior industrial land sites available for your business operation. Located in a right-to-work state, offering a low-cost tax environment, a myriad of workforce partners and support programs, a strong transportation system, close proximity to major metro areas as well as the Cape Canaveral Spaceport, Volusia County offers big city amenities with a smaller-town feel.