Need funding or financial advice?
Let us provide some guidance and then help you connect the valuable resources. Our community-wide, pro-business approach offers information and timely access to programs and institutions that can help address critical financial demands when they arise.
Business Pro Forma
Small business owners may need pro forma financial statements to quantify the impact of potential business decisions, such as taking out a loan. Pro forma financial statements include projected balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements that lenders and potential investors often require. Pro forma statements can also give you and your team a consensus outlook to consider before signing on the dotted line.
Workforce Training Funding
Many of the workforce development and recruiting programs offered local include cost reimbursement or cost sharing features.
- Customized training - designed to assist local businesses with the cost of upgrading employee skills.
- On-the-job training - developed to reduce the cost of training new, full-time employees.
- Incumbent Worker Training - created for the purpose of providing grant funding for continuing education and training of incumbent employees at existing Florida businesses.
- Quick Response Training (QRT) - designed to increase the competitiveness of Florida businesses in the global economy.
- Business & Industry Courses - offered through Daytona State College
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI)
- Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA)
- Commercial Property Accessed Clean Energy (C-PACE Program)
- Space Florida
- Micro-lending Programs
Development and Investment Funding
- Equity investors
- Pitch competitions
- Research grants
- Crowd funding
Contact us to help guide you to funding resources and partners.
Business Growth Incentives
Thriving businesses are at the heart of healthy communities. So encouraging and supporting business creation and growth just makes sense. One way to foster business growth is through targeted, performance-based investments in job-creating companies.
- Job creation incentives
- Capital Investment reimbursement
- Property upgrade cost sharing (CRAs)
- Infrastructure upgrade incentives and grants
- Machinery sales tax exemption
- Aviation tax exemptions
- Electric energy tax exemtion
There are several incentive programs offered by state, county and municipal agencies. Learn more about available incentive programs.
Though Florida has no personal income tax, businesses do have several areas of tax liability that each must navigate. For business startups and those new to the State of Florida there’s a New Business Startup Kit available to help. For established business that are looking at specific taxes there are several resources available to help your team or your accounting partner.
- Corporate/Franchise Income Tax
- Corporate Income Tax Incentives
- Sales and Use Tax
- Sales Tax Incentives
- Re-employment Tax
- Tangible Property Tax
- Tourist and Convention Development Tax
Taxes to Not Expect
- No corporate income tax on limited partnerships
- No corporate income tax on subchapter S corporations
- No state personal income tax, guaranteed by Florida’s constitution
- No corporate franchise tax on capital stock
- No state level property tax assessed
- No property tax on business inventories
- No property tax on goods-in-transit for 180 days
- No sales and use tax on goods produced in Florida for export
- No sales tax on purchases of raw materials incorporated in a final product for sale
- No sales and use tax on co-generation of electricity