Noted for its expanding aviation/aerospace, advanced manufacturing, distribution and logistics, life science and professional services development, learn more about Volusia County’s strategic location, low corporate taxes, utility partners, proximity to innovation, data and telecom advantages for your business.
Strategically positioned at the Interchange of Interstate 95 and Interstate 4, Volusia County provides easy access to Florida’s largest metropolises, multi-modal hubs, seaports, and connections to additional highways such as Interstate 10, Interstate 75 and U.S. Highway 1.
With direct access to rail within the county, companies have a route to world markets through the Florida East Coast Railway (FECR), a Class I railroad operating approximately 21,000 route miles and serving 23 states east of the Mississippi River, the District of Columbia and the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec. FECR provides distribution, transloading and warehousing services along Florida’s east coast as well as connections to two additional Class I rail providers.
Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB) is one of the most convenient international airports in the country and serves as the “Gateway to Central Florida”. Direct service to Atlanta and Charlotte provides connections to most everywhere else domestic and international.
In addition, Volusia County is home to multiple general aviation airports:
- Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB)
- DeLand Municipal Airport (DED)
- Ormond Beach Municipal Airport (OMN)
- New Smyrna Beach Municipal Airport (EVB)
- Massey Ranch Airpark
- Spruce Creek Fly-In
Volusia County has partnered with the ports through Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) to maximize its regional position in attracting new distribution, manufacturing and related facilities while providing expanded access to global markets for existing Volusia County businesses.
Data and Reports
FDOT Multi-Model Freight Data
FDOT Freight and Logitistics Overview
According to the Tax Foundation’s 2022 State Business Tax Climate Index, Florida has been designated the 4th best state for how well the tax system is structured and moving towards even greater improvement.
Florida’s corporate income tax rate declined from 5.5% to 4.4% in September 2019, effective for tax years 2019-2021. This temporary reduction is the result of revenue triggers adopted in 2018, and enhanced revenue from corporate base broadening. *
Additionally Florida has no Personal Income Tax.
Volusia County has the reliable utilities business owners and residents demand to ensure they can operate with efficiency. In addition to sustainability and dependability, our utility partners are committed to providing incentive options and/or rebate programs to help maximize business productivity.
Electric and Gas Providers
*Data and Telecommunications
- Internet: There are nine internet providers covering 100% of Volusia County. Speeds average 919 Mbps.
- Cable: 98.36% of Volusia County has access to cable internet and is the fastest service to 85.5% of the county.
- Fiber: The average Volusia County property can get up to 988 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the county is 1,000 Mbps. Fiber is available is 12.79% of the county primarly in industrial areas along the Interstate 95 corridor.
Internet Availability Key Map
Internet Speed Key Map
Fiber Internet Availability Key Map
Fiber Internet Speed Key Map
Volusia County provides broad learning opportunities from nationally recognized programs in our K-12 schools as well as specialized career training and highly-rated post-secondary colleges and universities located in the County, including:
- Bethune-Cookman University
- Daytona State College
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Florida State University - College of Medicine Regional Campus
- Keiser University
- Nova Southeastern University
- Palmer College of Chiropractic - Florida Campus
- Stetson University
- University of Central Florida
Proximity to Innovation
Volusia County proudly offers an ecosystem of innovation within its borders and local region. Providing support and collaborative environments to grow new ideas and companies, our innovation partners are focused on attracting, retaining and fostering industry and workforce.
- The Florida High Tech Corridor is a 23-county region spanning from Florida’s Sun Coast to Space Coast chaired by presidents of the University of Central Florida (UCF), the University of South Florida (USF) and the University of Florida (UF). The Corridor provides research and development grants and entrepreneurial support to innovative companies.
- The Volusia County Business Incubator is a mixed-use facility serving a wide variety of early-stage businesses. Located at the Daytona Beach International Airport, the incubator was established in July 2011 as a partnership between the University of Central Florida, Volusia County and The Florida High Tech Corridor.
- The Micaplex presents a unique collaborative opportunity for businesses and the Embry Riddle Aeronautical University community to development new products and technological services. At the Micaplex, a network of support has been designed to propel developing companies through all the stages of development to ensure market readiness.
Volusia County has made economic development a top priority. Committed to the growth and attraction of quality development to aid in the expansion and diversification of the commercial tax base and creation of high-wage jobs for its citizens, the county supports provisions to offset the costs of creating or doing business within its borders whether those obstacles are relative to workforce, infrastructure, or purchasing machinery. Many of these performance-based programs can be bundled to provide a customized stimulus package that works for your business. Learn more.
Need more information to help determine if your business is ready for expansion or if Volusia County is the right place to start? Our Research Center can provide you with the data, maps, and business tools you need to make an informed decision and navigate your business towards a successful future.
Finding the right location is a key consideration for all businesses. Our robust property database includes all the features you need to help find a property best suited for your industry and workforce.